PASTURES ADMISSIONS, INFORMATION AND FEES
Welcome to The Pastures our nursery for babies and children aged 3 months - 3 years.
The Pastures offers care learning and development for children aged 3 months - 3 years for families living in the Wokingham Borough and beyond. Our sessions are in high demand, so please do not wait until you need a place immediately. As soon as you have an idea of your needs, please contact us for availability information.
You can even register with us before your baby is born!
All families are welcome - individuality and diversity is celebrated.
There are places for up to:
- 12 children aged 3 months to 2 years
- 20 places for children aged 2 years to 3 years.
- Funded two year old places are available. More information can be found on http://www.wokingham.gov.uk/family/grants/
- Please note that every child has her/his own keyworker.
The staff/child ratio is:
- 1:3 for children aged 3 months - 2 years
- 1:4 for children aged 2 years - 3 years
Places are offered for half or full days, 1 - 5 days per week, 48 weeks of the year between 8.00am and 6.00pm. (Minimum of two sessions on two different days per week is required at all times).
We have a specified number of 2 year funded places; these are offered as 3 mornings or afternoons of 5 hours each.
(Only in very exceptional circumstances can we change this offer)
Please speak to the office if you wish to register your child on our waiting list for a 2 year funded place.
Moving to the Meadows nursery for 3-5 year olds
Children can move to Meadows nursery at the beginning of the term after their third birthday, subject to there being space. You need to register for Meadows separately and we recommend you do this at the same time as you start in Pastures. Although we cannot guarantee a place in Meadows, our Meadows admissions policy gives children moving from Pastures preference. Because of this, you need to register as follows to give you the best chance of securing your preferred sessions.
For children who are already attending the Ambleside Nurseries and remain at with us until the end of their transition period into Meadows, you need to apply by:
· 1st May (or nearest working day) for admission in the following January – notification first week of July
· 1st October (or nearest working day) for admission in the following April – notification first week of December
· 1st February (or nearest working day) for admission in the following September – notification first week of April)
Any child who leaves our nurseries for whatever reason prior to their start date in Meadows will have their Meadows place retracted and that child will be placed at the bottom of our waiting list (F).
Please speak with Reception if you require further help.
Session fees (meals included) April 2018
|Morning Session||8.00am to 12.50 pm||£40.00|
|Afternoon Session||1.00pm to 6.00 pm||£31.40|
|Full Day Session||8.00am to 6.00 pm||£59.40|
Childcare vouchers may be used to help towards costs:
Many places of work offer employees Childcare Vouchers to help towards the costs of their childcare. The Ambleside Centre is able to accept most types of these vouchers. General information can be found on the following websites (follow the links). Contact your employer for details of their scheme.
Privacy notice for all children on the waiting list for Pastures click here