ABOUT THE CHILDREN'S CENTRE
Go back to 'Children's Centre'
The Ambleside Children's Centre is managed by Wokingham Borough Council, but located within The Ambleside Centre in Woodley.
It offers a range of activities and services that support families with children aged five and under who live in the Wokingham Borough.
All users of the Centre are asked to complete a registration form. Please ask at Reception.
What is on offer at the Centre:
- Opportunities for high quality play and learning for children and families
- Information and signposting about all aspects of family life
- Adult learning opportunities
- Signposting to job opportunities
- Antenatal, postnatal and breastfeeding support information to support healthy lifestyles
- Networking and support for childminders and other professional home carers
- Breastfeeding Support Network are at the Centre on Thursday mornings during our Well Baby Clinic. They can give advice, support and guidance on breastfeeding and weaning. Come along and have an informal chat with them.
- If you are concerned about your child's Speech and Language development then come along on a Tuesday during our Play and Learn session. A Speech and Language Therapist will be available to have a chat with you. (NB They can only see a limited number of people each week, so if one week you do not get seen, hopefully you will be able to link up with them the next week).
Many regular events and sessions are held, including healthy eating courses, physical play, creative play, Bookstart, smoking cessation, family picnics - to name but a few!
The Well Baby Clinic is held on the second and fourth Thursday of each month at the Ambleside Centre 9.00am to 11.45am
Dates of Well Baby Clinic at Ambleside are:
Thursday 9th August 2018
Thursday 23rd August 2018
Thursday 13th September 2018
Thursday 27th September 2018
Thursday 11th October 2018
Thursday 25th October 2018
Thursday 8th November 2018
Thursday 22nd November 2018
Thursday 13th December 2018
For further information please see: